“I am using Outlook 2007 on my laptop. I had copied some Outlook data files from my system to my laptop, to open the files into MS Outlook. Now, I want to join those copied .pst files with my laptop’s data file. Is there any solution to combine multiple Outlook PST files and to remove duplicate entries?”
Do you also have such query like the above user? Or if you are also looking for a solution to combine Outlook data files 2010/2013? Then this is the right place to get a solution of your query.
This following blog describes the two methods to join multiple PST Files into one.
PST File: The Core of MS Outlook
.pst. Personal Storage Table file, an open proprietary file format of Microsoft Outlook containing all the calendar events, emails, messages, journals, and other data items.
Many of the Outlooks users create archive PST files to improve the slow performance and for the data corruption issues. However, now with the advancement in technology, latest versions of Outlook have come forth. Because of this, many users are facing some issues with the usage of previous versions of PST files.
As the steps taken by the Outlook users to switch from the older version to the latest version is also creating many questions to combine Outlook PST files into a single document.
Altogether in the large number, the management of PST file is becoming a challenging task for every Outlook user. On the other hand, these Outlook data files are also vulnerable to turn corrupt easily. As such there might be many reasons for the corruption of a PST files, but in most of the cases, it has been seen that PST files got corrupted due to its file constraint.
Before discussing how to combine two PST files, let’s first go through the need to blend two PST files.
Why do we need to Merge Outlook PST Files?
Outlook users create multiple PST Files in order to save the content regardless of the fact that it will be difficult to manage a number of files. Getting a solitary consolidate file after combine multiple Outlook PST files will give the user several benefits such as:
- In order to save time consumed while opening each file repeatedly
- It will avoid loss or accidental deletion of files
- To avoid a lengthy process of sharing number of files one by one
- It will be easy for a user to manage a single file instead of multiple files
Consequently, a single Outlook data file will be easy-to-open, easy-to-use, easy-to-share, and easy-to-manage for a user.
Ways to Combine Outlook Data File 2010/13/16 Manually
A .pst file can be merged using the manual as well as automated solutions. First, we will discuss the manual method for Combining Two Outlook PST Files
Steps to Combine Multiple PST Files
First, we have to create a new blank PST file and then import all the other files in that New PST file to combine multiple Outlook PST files easily.
Step 1: Create a New PST file
- Open MS Outlook Application
- Now click New Items >> Select More Items
- Now, select the option of Outlook Data File
- Mention a location to store the Outlook PST File and name that File
- Click Ok
Step 2: Import PST Files in New File
- Open Outlook
- Go to the File tab >> Click Open >>Select Import Option
It will open an Import and Export Wizard.
- Select the option of Import from another program or file >> Click Next
- Now, choose a file type to import
- Click on the Outlook Data File (.pst) >> Click Next >> Click on Browse.
- Select the required file to import
- Check the option of Do not import Duplicates >> Click on Next
- Now, click on the option of Select the folder to import from.
- Check both the options of Include sub-folders and Import items into the same folder in
- Finally, click Finish.
A Professional Solution to Combine Multiple PST Files into One
If you found the above manual solution a bit lengthy and time-consuming and don’t want to go for the manual method. Then, you can opt for a reliable third-party software to join PST files. There is one of the best and a perfect solution to combine multiple Outlook 2010/2013/2016 PST files into a single file in a fraction of seconds. QuickData PST Merge is that tool which can easily fuse multiple Outlook data files without losing any data.
This utility has come up with several features such as:
- It merges the entire data from a PST file including emails, tasks, contacts, and calendars.
- The application allows to blend Outlook contacts folders also.
- The program gives three important options to join .pst files i.e.
- Join to join multiple Outlook PST files into a single personal folder.
- Merge to combine the data of PST files together from all common folders into the folders of the newly created PST file.
- Merge Contacts to consolidate contacts from the selected PST files.
The above written article is for the users who are looking for a solution to combine multiple Outlook PST files. As joining Outlook data files without losing the data has become a big challenge for the users, so we have discussed a manual as well as one of the best automated solutions to overcome this problem. The discussed tool has come up with a user-friendly interface that even a novice user can operate it easily.